==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Monday, December 22, 2003

Merry Christmas

Another year, another Christmas, and another new year to look forward to. People say that Christmas is a time for forgiving and for forgetting. Thinking back, I've done my share of mistakes and I have hurt so many people. Disagreements, name-callings, finger-pointing, broken promises and even broken friendships. If I could turn back time, I would be willing to take back my words and actions. But I know that "Time Wasted, is Time Lost". All I can do is to say "I'm sorry" and that I never meant to say what I said or do what I did, that I will try to not repeat it anymore. Especially to you. We had been best buddies for many years. We were 2 totally different characters. We've often been at loggerheads with each other, whether in opinion-wise or about other people. Yet we've always been there for each other, through thick and thin, near or far, even across countries and continents, in so many ways. And when it happened, our friendship was broken just like that. Perhaps we've never really tell each other how and what we felt about it, but I would like to say "I'm sorry and I forgive you for what has happened". Please know that, despite that, despite what other people thinks about it, you or even about us, I am still there for you, by your side, and I still believe in you. Please know that although I'm probably non-existent in your life anymore, you still exists in mine. I hope that, someday, we can rekindle our friendship..

Christmas is a time for remembrance to everything we have ever loved. I lost my grandfather this year. I still keep the SMS my cousin brother sent to me, telling me that my grandfather has passed away. I know that I will never be able to forgive myself for not being able to say a proper "Goodbye" to him. Although I hadn't been very close to him in the recent years and that he had been gone for half a year now, I still miss him very much. He was the strength of unity within the family of 4 generations. He would always be so concerned whenever any of us travel abroad or even just to and fro Segamat. He could be stern, yet always ever ready with a smile. I regret taking him for granted, that he would always be there. I wish I knew him better when he was alive. He was never a Christmas believer, but I hope that wherever he is now, he is in a much happier place, that he knows that I miss him a lot and that he'll always be in my memory.

Christmas is a time for renewed faith and hope. There had been so much of disappointments, loss of faith and strength in facing life's obstacles this year. Regardless of whether it happened to me, my loved ones, friends, colleagues or anyone else. As the new year approaches, I hope that they will not give up, yet learn to be stronger to withstand all the challenges that will be thrown upon them. I hope that they will not be afraid to fall and no matter how much they fall, they will always stand up on their feet back again. I hope that they will not take the easy way out, yet always try to look at the bright side of life.

Christmas is a day to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, to goodwill towards men, to peace on earth. We had so much of terrorism going on this year, and how can we forget the Iraqi war. I hope that the people will stop fighting and stop hating each other. I hope that they will be able to make amends, to forgive each other's wrongdoings and to start doing good. I hope that the new year will bring peace amongst people, regardless of skin colour and religion. I hope that when the new year draws nearer, the world will be a safer, less sufferring and a better place to live in...

May everyone have a blessed Christmas this year....