==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Saturday, November 22, 2003

6 Days Till I'm 24

I had a double pre-Birthday celebration yesterday. First was with my colleagues where on each month, we hold a small celebration for staff's whose birthdays fall on that particular month. And this month, I'm sharing it with Ms.Hee (same day as mine!) and Henry (2 days after me). A mocha walnut cake from Secret Recipe. What else can you expect, their factory is just next door from ours! The second one was at a BBQ dinner with Laine, Kai Ling, Zona, Julia & Sey Chuan over at Laine's place. They got me a cake. Oohh.. Guess what? It's also a mocha walnut cake.. Hehhehee.... But theirs was from Baker's Cottage, and of course, it looked so much more better and it tasted better. ;) Such a coincidence, huh?

Nevertheless, I had a good time at Laine's place. It drizzled a bit, so the wind was quite breezy that night. We were there from 8, helping out with the food while sayang, Julia & Sey Chuan set up the BBQ set. And we just chatted till past midnight before they took out the cake. By 1 am or so, we started cleaning up the place and left after 2 am.

I was very touched, really, coz I wasn't hoping for anything from them at all, no gifts or whatsoever. I was looking forward to the dinner coz it had been ages since I last saw them, and I've always never turned up for the MS-es (mamak sessions). We did a lot of catching up with each other, so, yeah, it was good. ;)

You know how everytime before you blow your birthday cake, you have to make a wish first, and hope that it will come true? As Kai Ling quoted, "Last year I wished that I will pass CLP, and it came true!". Hehe.. I'm not gonna really tell you what I wished for (coz otherwise it won't come true!), but I shall drop you a hint. For the first time, I didn't make a wish for myself. I wished on behalf of them, all 6 of them who were there to celebrate with me. You know what, I felt good after that. Really good. And I've decided that, for every candles I will blow in the years to come, I'm not gonna make a wish for myself, but for other people. ;)

So thank you very much, sayang, Laine, Kai Ling, Zona, Julia & Sey Chuan for the birthday celebration. I hope that what I wished for you will come true. :D