==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Friday, September 12, 2003

This Week's FridayFive

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
Yup, exactly the same. And yes, Amanda is my real name. It's stated in my birth certificate.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I'm very happy with my name, so I would not want to change it for the world. ;)

3. Why were you named what you were? Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?
My Dad got the 'Amanda' from the Babies' Names book, which means "fit to be loved". My paternal grandfather decided on the Chinese name, apparently, according to the count of strokes on the Chinese characters. 'Yap' is the family surname, which also means "leaf" in Chinese. 'Yin' means "full of/be profit of", and 'Shin' is actually part of the name for almond/apricot. So indirectly, my name means "I'm an almond tree that always bears fruit!" Hahaha.. But of course, that's not the actual meaning. ;)

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
Actually all names are nice. It's just whether they fit the person's character. Like, say a guy's name is "Macho" and he turns out to be totally opposite... It just feels weird, in a way..

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com/triggur.org/astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it?
The analysis at Kabalarians is partly true. But then again, when you come to think of it, is that true for all Amandas in the world? I don't think so..