==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

3rd Year In Elid

I have officially been with Elid for 3 years and 1 day... Muahahhahaa... Can't believe it's been that long! Feels like as if I've just started working with them, not 3 years. Looking back, I've learnt a lot here.. I remembered graduating with an E&E degree, with no knowledge or whatsoever in any high level programming language. Came back from Sheffield for good in early August, bumped around for 3 weeks, saw the Elid job vacancy ad in the papers, sent my CV through e-mail, received a call from the HR Manager the following morning. That was quick. Was asked to attend an interview that afternoon itself, but I was out. So I went for the interview the next morning, signed the offer 3 days later.

The funny thing was that I applied for the Hardware Engineer position, and I stressed that I know nuts about Software. Yet the R&D Director told me to try it out first, stating that "Software Engineer sounds more sophisticated". So, that was how I started as a Software Engineer in Elid. 0% programming knowledge, 3 years later, I've came a long way. Delphi, Database design, SQL Server, VB.Net, ASP.Net.. Cool.. Hehe.. Still learning a lot here.... I shall master C# next. ;)

Looks like it was another one of those diversions in life... Not regretting it, though. ;)