==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Time Flies

Hhm... Can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my Grandfather passed away... It felt like as if he left us last night or something. Have already applied 2 days annual leave in early September, to go back to Segamat for 49th day prayers for Grandfather. Every now and then, whenever I hear Teresa Teng's song "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" ("The Moon Represents My Heart"), it reminds me of my Grandfather's death, coz the band was playing that song during the funeral procession. I think, the song will forever remind me of him.

You know, I keep thinking that whenever I would go back to Segamat, I would see him sitting on his favourite wooden chair, by the wooden table, waiting for us to arrive. Or he would come back from his daily morning trip to his favourite coffeeshop. He would ask about my studies (when I was still studying) and I would tell him how I fared in them, he would be so proud and would give me some pocket money to study harder, become a doctor. I used to tell him that I would want to be a doctor, so that, whenever he fell sick, I would treat him for free, and I could take care of him. But he was still proud of me when I graduated as an Engineer, coz apparently I was the first and am still the one and only engineer in the family tree.

I still miss him a lot. My grandparents would always wanted to come up to KL, to see how were we doing, to see how well Daddy was doing, to see our house and all. Now that my Grandmother's alone, we're hoping to drive her up to KL for a week's stay or something, somewhere near in the future, after the 100 days mourning period. I'm looking forward to having her in the house. :)