==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Sunday, August 31, 2003

Sayang Graduates!

Sayang took his results last morning.... He is now an Honours degree holder!!! YAY!!!! The day has finally come!!! It was a sheer 2 days emotional torture for him as the results were officially released on Thursday, but we went to collect it yesterday. The joy! The relief!!

He deserves it. Really. Perhaps it may not be as excellent to others, but it is for him. I've seen him struggled throughout his course. I've seen his disappointments. I've seen him being at the edge of wanting to quit halfway through, yet he stuck on with the course. I know for the fact that he really put in his utmost effort, especially during his final year, waking up early every day to go to the library, then to classes, back to library between classes, and library again till before he goes back home. I was there with him when he went to the library on Saturdays to revise (while I read my novels, listening to mp3s and all.. Hehe..). During our daily phone conversations, he would tell me what he learnt in that day's lectures. Or when his term exams were approaching near, he would revise then explain to me every single detail, how the flow or hierarchy is like, the definitions, the equations, the ratios, methods used, stuffs like that. He would explain them in such a way that I could understand them. Or he would keep on working out the sample questions until he finally gets the answers. I've seen him being tensed up during his finals, especially when I drove him to his exams venue one of the days, we reached there 2 hours earlier, I held his study guide, I mentioned something out from the guide, and he just went on and on about that topic, including describing the graphs and all. And not forgetting that he was already working with Allianz during his finals. It really wasn't easy working and revising at the same time. He was only given a day's leave for each of his exams dates. I know most people would probably say that, "hey, that's how I was too! So what? Big deal...". But if they were in his shoes, they would understand that it is something big for him. I know it is.

It doesn't matter how people perceives you as. Whether they think you're useless, you're brainless, you're lazy or whatsoever. Or that your results are not that fantastic as theirs. I truly believe that every single person can excel. It doesn't matter whether you excel in your studies or in your job or anything else. It doesn't mean that if you can't score a string of A's in your exams, your future is over. So, maybe your friends and family or anyone else discourages you, looking down on you. It doesn't matter. Your life, your future is in your very own hands. Don't let anyone get into your way. Don't ever let anyone, not even your own family puts you down from achieving your own goals. As long as you give in your 100% effort into whatever you are doing, be it in your studies or your work, to reach for the stars, that is what that matters the most. Self-achievement. That's what makes the victory smells even sweeter. Nothing else beats that.

You know what makes it sweeter for sayang? Apparently most people failed Corporate Finance, including an "I'm Mr.Smart Guy in CF". But sayang passed that subject. ;) And the other thing is that, he's already a permanent staff of Allianz without even needing to show his trials or finals results. He's already been deemed as the "up and coming person" by his Manager to the rest of the staff. He doesn't need to show his degree certificate at all.

I'm proud of him. I'm proud that he did not give up. I'm proud that he gave his utmost best shot, and he got more than what he wished for. I'm not saying all these coz he's my boyfriend. I'm merely stating the fact that everyone, anyone can be like him. Everyone can do the same. Everyone can excel. Hopefully, he can be some sort of a motivation to everyone, that like every cloud has a silver lining, as long as you don't give up putting in your best effort, your silver lining will appear one day. And when that day comes, you will understand how sweet self-achievement is.

As for now, congratulations to my sayang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!