==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Monday, April 19, 2004

Bel's Pre-Convocation

Tomorrow is Bel's Convocation Day, so she had to go to the uni to collect her robe.. And the whole flock followed. Hehe.. It was the first time that I had stepped onto the UNSW grounds. Ooh.. It was a lovely, modern campus. It looks exactly how a uni campus should be, with all the departmental buildings all on the same ground, lovely gardens to rest and relax on.. It's so different from Uni. of Sheffield, where the buildings are all scattered around. We took the opportunity to snap a number of family photos all over the campus. Hehe...


I took the chance to snap a picture of me standing in front of the Electronic & Electrical Engineering building. You know, 8 years ago after SPM, Mummy and her siblings had been telling me to take SAM and then "go to UNSW. It's a good uni". Almost all of them graduated from there. In other words, kind of like, keep the family tradition >> "Graduate from UNSW". So I spent the entire year in SAM with the pressure that I must go there. I applied for the E&E Eng course in UNSW, and I got it. I was so nearly there to arranging my next 4 years living in Sydney, if it wasn't for the news from BDP that they were collaborating with Uni of Melbourne. After calculating all the costs, I decided to stay back a year, take up the BDP course, and then go to Melbourne. Twist of fate again, somehow I ended up going to Sheffield when I found out that it's E&E Eng course is the #1 course in UK. Looking back at those years, I would probably have graduated in front of the building where I stood. I wonder how would my life have been..


Anyway, we spent most of the day in the Uni grounds before heading to the Circular Quay, coz Bel wanted to snap some photos over there in her graduation robe. How odd.. Hehe.. Oh by the way, did I mention that ithe Graduation Owl soft toy Bel was holding costed me AUS $44?? It came with the matching sash colour and robe as well... *Tsk tsk* All for the love for my sister...


After the whole photo-snapping session, we took a bus down to Bondi Beach and enjoyed the windy breeze... Soooo relaxing... Too bad we reached there a bit too late to watch the sunset. *Sighz* I would just love to watch the sunset for once at a lovely beach.. Watching it at PD don't count. We spent the evening having fish and chips, and eating ice-creams at Royal Copenhagen before we decided to leave Bondi Beach. Auntie Amy suggested that we go take a walk along Kings Cross to see the nightlife. So Auntie Amy, sayang and I took the train to Kings Cross and walked around. It's the same as how Soho, London is. People inviting you to go in and see striptease or ask if you want to have some *fun*. Hehhee... Pretty funny. But I think the nightlife in Amsterdam is even worse, sex is too public over there, what's more the *window shopping*. Quite dangerous for a single girl to roam around the streets in Amsterdam.

The night was still young when we were there. We didn't want to linger around the area until midnight to see the 'actions', so we took the train back home and spent the rest of the night eating tiramisu cake and watching the telly. Tomorrow's gonna be a very busy day...........