==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Sydney, Here I Come

Am finally at Sydney for a week's break. Woo hoo!! Bear in mind that this is the first time I've landed onto Auzzie, so yeah, I might feel 'ulu' occasionally. So here I am, with my family & sayang. We're bunking in Aunt Amy's place in Rockdale. We're gonna do some exporing and well, the main reason is to attend Bel's convo. ;)

The first place we went to was the Queen Victoria Building, a.k.a QVB. Definitely English-influenced. Reminds me of England. Ahhh... The few things I like about QVB is the antique lift and ooh.. The toilet. Hehe... Damn high tech, man. When you go into the cubicle, there's a sensor for you to touch to close the door. Once you've done your business, you touch the sensor again to open the door. The basin's very unique too. It's very shallow and made of marble. Was very impressed with the clock in the center of the building. There's an Aborigine model moving around the clock in seconds, and there are models arranged according to the Australian history. Very nice..


Went to Hyde Park, just like the Hyde Park in London. People reading, feeding birds, and there were people playing with the human-sized chess set (like the one in Amsterdam, I think!). Took a picture of a bird ( I don't know what species is this) flying. Take a guess where is it in the picture. ;D Later, we took the ferry along Darling Harbour and snapped photos of the Sydney Opera House. Gee... If only they had some performance going on then, I wouldn't mind going in and take a look of the Opera House. Hehe..


After much walking around the City Centre, we were very, very exhausted by the end of the day and it's the only first day!