==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

50 First Dates

Watched 50 First Dates last night. I'm a huge fan of Adam Sandler+Drew Barrymore since The Wedding Singer, so yeah.. I loved it to bits!! It's a romantic comedy about a Marine vet, Henry who strives to achieve his 10-year dream of sailing to Alaska to study the underwater life of walruses. Hence, a long-term relationship is totally out of the question. He is very close to making his dream come true when a mishap occurs, landing him at the Hukilau Cafe, and is immediately smitten with Lucy. The problem is, she suffers from a permanent short-term memory loss due to an accident involving a stray cow, that wipes her memory clean every night. Now, he has to plan new ways to meet her and get her to fall for him every single day!

The movie reminds me of my first date out with sayang, to celebrate his birthday. It was after our BM Lisan (aural) test back in Form 5. We met up in front of the MPPJ library in State, where the benches were. I was still wearing my pinafore and all, and I gave him his present, which was a silver Sheaffer pen, engraved with his name on it. We went to Melody for lunch, and we watched Mission Impossible at the State cinema (yeah, the cinema pretty much got torn down now). I remembered being nervous with him, although I never did understand the movie plot. After the movie, we walked around just chit-chatting, around State, to Taman Jaya, to his house (nearby), finally we walked up to the bus-stop at Jln Gasing, and then my mum came to pick me up. There weren't any flowers or goodbye kiss or stuffs like that, but it didn't (and still doesn't) matter to me. I just remembered smiling the whole way back home and the rest of the night. ;) Wow.. That was what, 8 years ago! Goshh.... I can never, ever forget that special day..... *grins*

What's your story? How was your first date like? Here's Adam Sandler's song from the movie...

La-woo-kee-low is the place
Where I first saw your face
We liked each other right away
But you didn't remember me the very next day
Forgetful Lucy
Has got a nice caboose-ie
I used to trick you into pulling your car over so we could chat
But my favorite time was when you beat the shit out of Ula with a bat
Then we drove up to see Dr. Keets
And find out why Doug always has to change his sheets
Forgetful Lucy
Cracked her head like Gary Busey
But I still love her so
And I'll never let her go
Even if while I'm singing this song
She's wishing I had Jocko the Walrus' shlong
Forgetful Lucy
Her lips are so damn juicy
How about another first kiss?


~~ Adam Sandler - Forgetful Lucy ~~