==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Monday, June 30, 2003

3 Years Ago

I was still in Sheffield, had completed my degree, having the time of my life while waiting for the Convocation Day. I was still touring around Europe with the Sunflowerians, at Amsterdam on this date, to be precise. 3 years later, now that is, we've all gone separate directions in life, working and achieving our own goals and dreams, about to settle down and start our own families..

I was talking to Edmund on the phone last night. The last time I seen him or probably spoke to him was at Rajesh's house for his birthday last December. Then, Shirley was already about 2 months preggers. Their baby's arrival is just about any time now. :) Can't believe how time flies. I mean, just 3 years ago, we were all studying together in the kitchen, drinking mugs of hot chocolate. We were making 'pan mee' together, messing up the whole kitchen table and floor with flour. We were watching football matches on telly in the kitchen. We were having our sing-along sessions with Edmund, Chin Haw & Chih Chien strumming their guitars away. We were having those heart-to-heart sessions at Hochai's room, talking about our dreams and hopes, and regrets, stuffs like that. We were graduating together. :)

Truth to be told, I didn't expect Edmund to be the first one among the 6 of us to tie the knot, what's more the first to start a family. He used to be more of a person who would want to excel in his career first, then only decide on marriage. And he's the kind of person who would want to enjoy his life as much as he can first before he decides to settle down. So when one fine day, we received his e-mail, informing us that he was getting married, I called him that instantly and my first sentence was "Oh my goodness". Hehe.. Looks like Shirley really changed him. ;) But yeah, that was in late 2001. So during Rajesh's birthday celebration, Edmund & Shirley waited for all 6 of us to be there before they announced that they were parents-to-be. We all got excited. I mean, who wouldn't, right? Hehehe...

Looking back at those times, we've probably changed a lot. We're not as close as we used to be. But to me, we will always remain the Sunflowerians. We've had tons of memories together, be it good or bad ones. And now that little Gerald Tee will be born soon, daddy Edmund will tell him stories of the Sunflowerians, eh? :)