==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsunami Aftermath

I didn't know that the Tsunami over at the Indian Ocean hit the Malaysian shores till the next day. In fact, I never thought it would ever happened here. I've heard of rare occasions where we felt slight tremors, or hails, but never Tsunami. And I happily walked into the office Monday morning (post Christmas mood) till I saw the headlines of The Star, which then my colleague Yati told me about it.

I was shocked, really. The first person I thought of was my ex-colleague, Emily. She lives in Penang. Frantically SMS-ed her, was so glad to see her online after that! Later that night, heard from sayang that his friend, Leong was already in Banda Aceh on Monday morning itself to help out. Apparently, he was the first medic doctor who arrived there under Mercy Malaysia and he appeared on CNN. According to him, it was a total chaos there.. Not enough water, not enough food, not enough medicine.. I just couldn't help but to pray for them.. Daddy went to the Maha Vihara Temple on our behalfs to donate $$ and some of our clothes for the Sri Lankan victims. It may not be much, but I hope it will help them one way or another.

It reminded me of a song we sang during our PBSM days way back in primary school. It was for the Child Abuse campaign back then, but I guess, it is still applicable for incidents like these.. Hopefully everyone would just stop pointing fingers at each other, but put the effort to make this world a better place instead.

Ingin ku nyanyikan
Sebuah harapan
Sebagai pesanan
Ager berkesan di hatimu

Wahai anak dunia
Mari kita berdoa
Untuk sebuah dunia
Yang damai sejahtera

Walaupun kemarau
Tidurmu meracau
Bangunlah kemudian
Bersihkan hitam di kakimu

Wahai anak dunia
Mari kita bersama
Berkumpul bermuhibbah
Lupakan beza rupa

Di mana kau ada
Bumi tetap sama
Langit biru indah
Bukankah semua milik kita

Wahai anak dunia
Mari kita berikrar
Esok kita membina
Dunia yang lebih sempurna.

~~ Ruhil - Buat Anak Dunia ~~