==== tattY teddY's taLe ====

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Congrats, Shariffah Nadzirah

Just got back from Shariffah's wedding lunch reception at her house in Section 14. Going back to history, we were classmates since Std 1 right until the day we left SAS II. At one point of time, somewhere around Std 4 or so, I started hanging out with her, Haslinna and Baiti. And eventually, we became very close friends, even skipped recess to 'puasa' with her during the fasting period. ;)

After we left school, our friendship somehow drifted apart. Only once in a blue moon, would I pick up the phone, call her and catch up with each other's lives. Until few weeks ago, she asked for my home address, to send me an invitation card to her wedding.

So there I was this afternoon, witnessing her biggest day in her life. Frankly speaking, I felt slightly awkward there, I was probably the only Chinese around and I knew no one there. But as soon as I saw Shariffah, and I saw her smile, I felt honoured. The person I was embracing with was my very close buddy, someone I knew for 19 years now but have not met for almost 13 years, someone who's now stepping into the married stage in life.. For that, I felt truly honoured. Honoured to be still remembered and to still play a part in her life.. I will never forget that moment..

To my dear Shariffah, semoga bahagia selalu... *Hugz*